|Route length||9,5 km|
|Duration||2 h 15 m|
|Altitude||1439 m 1355 m|
The starting point for this winter hike is the village centre of Nova Ponente. Head out of the village to the Pfösl hotel. Turn left on the hiking trail P, which leads to the St Helen’s Church. You can stop for refreshments at the nearby Kreuzhof countryside tavern. The St Helen’s Church is famous for its mural paintings, which are amongst the most precious local examples of the High Gothic period. The church is open year round. Return directly to the village on the forest road and the sidewalk.
Getting to the starting point of the tour by public transport is easy and convenient.
By public bus line:
- 181 from Bozen | Bolzano,
- 180 or 184 from Karersee | Lago di Carezza, Karerpass | Passo Costalunga, Welschnofen | Nova Levante
- 184 or 181 from Birchabruck | Ponte Nova
- 184 from Stenk, Eggen | Ega, Obereggen
- 184 or 181 from Weissenstein | Pietralba, Petersberg | Monte San Pietro, Deutschnofen | Nova Ponente
- 182 from Steinegg | Collepietra, Gummer | San Valentino
- 180 from Val di Fassa
Destination: Deutschnofen | Nova Ponente
Parking: parking lot Gibitz
Meeting point: Parking lot Gibitz square Deutschnofen | Nova Ponente: https://goo.gl/maps/UwWfytu3jmCJTRhM6