The majestic high building shows four corner towers (square at the bottom and round on the top) ...
... regulated rows of windows and a high roof, symmetrical room divisions and huge hallways with vaulted ceilings on the main floor, where the year 1584 can be seen. Upper floors entail flat ceilings where the walls and ceilings in the rooms are wood-panelled. The ceilings in the small oriels are arched and ridged. The wooden statue “ Mary with her sword” (XIV century) stands on the altar in the chapel, which is dated back to the year 1730. Very interesting is the extremely high roof truss, a proof of the superb knowledge of the builders themselves. The residence was begun in 1582 by Hans Fieger, Lord of the Courts of Taufers. The building was finished in 12 months. It was restored in 1864 by Johann von Ottenthal. The castle is privately owned and is not open to the public.
Coming from the north:
München – Rosenheim – Kufstein – Innsbruck – Brennerautobahn – exit at Brixen – national road Pustertaler Staatsstraße to Bruneck – turn left into the Ahrntal Valley – Sand in Taufers/Campo Tures
Coming from the west:
Reschen pass, Bozen, Brixen and national road Pustertaler Staatsstraße to Bruneck – turn left into the Ahrntal Valley - Sand in Taufers/Campo Tures
Coming from the east:
Motorway Tauernautobahn or Felbertauern tunnel to Lienz and continue on to Innichen - Toblach - Bruneck – turn right into the Ahrntal Valley - Sand in Taufers/Campo Tures
Coming from the south:
Verona – Trento – Bozen – Motorway Brennerautobahn to the exit at Brixen – national road Pustertaler Staatsstraße Bruneck – turn left into the Ahrntal Valley - Sand in Taufers/Campo Tures